This is a beautiful craftsman/shingle take on the great American two-story. You'll notice similar features on many French/European/Country homes, but we think this one brings forth the essence of cool. A spacious front porch adorns the front of this home, covered by a spanning arch that rests on classic mission style split pillars. A great foyer directs guests and family into all parts of this home. There is a library/den with French doors on the front of the house off of the foyer; a formal living room with a fireplace that opens to a formal dining room, and open to above; a kitchen within close proximity to the dining room, attached to a breakfast nook, and open to a wonderful family room. This plan has a half bathroom on the main floor as well as a utility closet and a three-car garage. Upstairs, the stairs and upper-floor landing overlook the foyer and living room. A huge master suit with French doors awaits you at the top of the stairs, and is complete with a spacious walk-in closet, a linen closet, a master bath with a shower, jetted tub, split vanities and more and don't forget the sitting area. Three additional bedrooms, a linen closet and a full bath also grace the second floor, and make this the perfect family home for almost any neighborhood. -- For a similar plan, see also SPS 3015.
Each plan set includes the following:
- DETAIL SHEET: The detail sheet shows building components at large scale as required to explain construction of footings, foundation walls, concrete slabs, framed floors and walls, posts, beams, insulation, eaves, roofs, vents, stairs, skylights, and connections.
- FLOOR PLAN: Floor plans are horizontal cuts through each floor level of the home, usually at 5' above the floor. The floor plan shows the location of interior and exterior walls, doors, windows, stairs, closets, cabinets, flooring, appliances, plumbing fixtures, fireplaces, posts and beams. Floor plans also indicate vaulted, coffered, or box beam ceilings, cased openings and areas with ceiling soffits.
- FOUNDATION PLAN: The foundation plan sheet shows the layout of the crawl space, walk-out basement or slab foundation. The foundation plan includes all necessary notes, dimensions, concrete walls, footing pads, posts, beams, bearing walls, crawlspace vents, footing schedule, steel reinforcing, and structural information.
- ROOF PLAN: The roof framing plan shows the geometry of the hips, ridges, valleys, dormers, roof pitches, wall and plate heights, and overhangs. The plan also shows all individual roof framing members, trusses, rafters, beams, skylights, roof vents, gutters, downspouts, skylights, bearing walls under framing members, and point loads.
- FRONT, REAR, AND SIDE ELEVATIONS: Exterior elevations show all four sides of the house, describing the roofing, siding, and trim materials, doors, windows, roof pitches, skylights, gutters, chimneys, wall heights, finish grade and overall building height.
- BUILDING SECTION SHEET: Building sections are vertical cuts through the house from the roof to the foundation. The sections illustrate the construction sequence from bottom to top starting with excavation, proceeding up through the foundation, drainage, wall and floor framing, stair framing, roof framing, windows, doors, venting, and exterior and interior finishes. Wall plate heights for each floor are also delineated.
These items are NOT included:
- Architectural or Engineering Stamp - handled locally if required.
- Site Plan - handled locally when required.
- Mechanical Drawings (location of heating and air equipment and ductwork) - your subcontractors handle this.
- Plumbing Drawings (drawings showing the actual plumbing pipe sizes and locations) - your subcontractors handle this.
- Energy calculations - handled locally when required.