The concept behind this plan was to design a compact, narrow home that could be expanded on the inside to meet homeowners needs for more living space. By providing the option of a finished basement below and a bonus room above, we created the potential for this home to live much larger than it looks. This designs pleasant character is felt at the front of the home, where a generous, eight-foot-deep porch shelters the entry. Inside, there is an immediate impression of comfortable open space, with a view of the free-flowing connection between the living room, dining room and kitchen (see illustration). A nine-foot-high ceiling enhances the sense of airiness throughout the main floor. In smaller homes, achieving privacy and noise reduction is often a challenge, but we were able to attain both in the master suite, where walk-in closets provide a sound barrier from bedroom #2, and a private porch is accessed through French doors. The master bath is pleasantly accommodating, with a double vanity and whirlpool tub. Because of its narrow profile, this home would be well suited to a detached garage at the rear.
Each plan set includes the following:
- FLOOR PLAN: Showing all dimensions, window and door locations, laminated beams, columns, floor materials, ceiling heights, fireplace size, and specifications. Includes interior elevations.
- FOUNDATION PLAN: Dimensioned plan detailing the location and size of footings, slabs, reinforcing steel, and other structural elements that are required to support the load of the upper floors.
- ELECTRICAL LAYOUT: Specifications, notes, schedules, and plan defining the location of panels, service, lighting fixtures, switches, outlets, fans, etc. NOTE – PLEASE VERIFY
- FRONT, REAR, AND SIDE ELEVATIONS: The front, rear, and side elevations of the house as drawn. Shows placement of doors & windows on exterior of house, as well as roof pitches, ridge heights, and locations of chimney, exterior vents, etc. The elevations show the positioning of the final grade of the lot, exterior finishes, and other details that are necessary to give the home exterior architectural styling.
These items are NOT included:
- Architectural or Engineering Stamp - handled locally if required.
- Site Plan - handled locally when required.
- Mechanical Drawings (location of heating and air equipment and ductwork) - your subcontractors handle this.
- Plumbing Drawings (drawings showing the actual plumbing pipe sizes and locations) - your subcontractors handle this.
- Energy calculations - handled locally when required.