The concept behind this plan was to design a compact, narrow home that could be expanded on the inside to meet homeowners needs for more living space. By providing the option of a finished basement below and a bonus room above, we created the potential for this home to live much larger than it looks. This designs pleasant character is felt at the front of the home, where a generous, eight-foot-deep porch shelters the entry. Inside, there is an immediate impression of comfortable open space, with a view of the free-flowing connection between the living room, dining room and kitchen (see illustration). A nine-foot-high ceiling enhances the sense of airiness throughout the main floor. In smaller homes, achieving privacy and noise reduction is often a challenge, but we were able to attain both in the master suite, where walk-in closets provide a sound barrier from bedroom #2, and a private porch is accessed through French doors. The master bath is pleasantly accommodating, with a double vanity and whirlpool tub. Because of its narrow profile, this home would be well suited to a detached garage at the rear.
Each plan set includes the following:
- Exterior elevations
- Foundation plans
- Interior elevations
- Electrical layout
- Detailed house floor plans
These items are NOT included:
- Architectural or Engineering Stamp - handled locally if required.
- Site Plan - handled locally when required.
- Mechanical Drawings (location of heating and air equipment and ductwork) - your subcontractors handle this.
- Plumbing Drawings (drawings showing the actual plumbing pipe sizes and locations) - your subcontractors handle this.
- Energy calculations - handled locally when required.