This is a contemporary cottage with Craftsman accents. It could be built as a vacation retreat cabin, or a suburban ranch-style home. This single-story plan is designed for construction on a lot that slopes down to the rear. If a lake, ocean, or canyon is down the slope, that's a delightful bonus. Small windows border the left side of the front door, then crown the entry as transom windows. Handsome mullioned glass fills the upper segment of the door, adding to the foyers natural illumination. An opening on the left leads to secondary bedrooms and their shared bathroom. At the far end of the hall, a linen closet fills the alcove. In the front bedroom, a vaulted ceiling expands the sense of spaciousness. Right past the foyers coat closet, the hallway expands out into a large, open gathering space where the living room, dining room and kitchen flow together. Both of the rear rooms have wide windows. Those in the dining area slide open to allow air circulation, and provide access to a partially covered deck, large enough for a picnic table. Kitchen counters wrap around three sides, offering plenty of space for cooking with family and friends. The raised eating bar that bounds the kitchen and dining room comes in handy for quick snacks, or longer conversations with kitchen workers. Laundry appliances are but a few steps from the kitchen, in a pass through room which links to the two-car garage. The utility room can double as a mudroom as well. The owners suite has two windows, a walk-in closet and a private bathroom with dual vanity and oversized shower.
Each plan set includes the following:
- ARTIST'S RENDERING: An artist's drawing of the home, usually viewed from the front, and general construction notes.
- FRONT, REAR, AND SIDE ELEVATIONS: The front, rear, and side elevations of the house as drawn. Shows placement of doors & windows on exterior of the house, as well as roof pitches, ridge heights, and locations of chimney, exterior vents, etc. The elevations show the positioning of the final grade of the lot, exterior finishes, and other details that are necessary to give the home exterior architectural styling.
- MAIN FLOOR PLAN: Each plan set is drawn at 1/4"=1' scale. Showing the placement and dimensions of all walls, windows, and doors. Includes the location of appliances, plumbing fixtures, beams, ceiling heights, etc.
- SECOND FLOOR PLAN (if any): Shows the second floor in the same detail as the main floor. Includes second floor framing and details.
- FOUNDATION PLAN: Shows the location of all concrete footings, floor beams, first floor framing, and foundation details. If there is a basement, a basement plan is included which shows all basement details.
- ROOF FRAMING PLAN: Shows roof outlines, conventional framing/trusses, beams, roof framing details, etc.
- SECTIONS AND DETAILS: Shows a cross-section of the home. Shows support members, exterior and interior materials, insulation, and foundation. Specific details such as fireplaces, stairways, decks, etc. are drawn at 1/2" = 1' scale, and appear as needed throughout the prints. These details can be helpful for the contractor.
- ELECTRICAL PLAN: A schematic layout of all lighting, switches, and electrical outlets.
These items are NOT included:
- Architectural or Engineering Stamp - handled locally if required.
- Site Plan - handled locally when required.
- Mechanical Drawings (location of heating and air equipment and ductwork) - your subcontractors handle this.
- Plumbing Drawings (drawings showing the actual plumbing pipe sizes and locations) - your subcontractors handle this.
- Energy calculations - handled locally when required.