Throughout the late 1960s and 70s Contemporary house plans became quite popular. Contemporary styling is a combination of several styles and is often a multi-level home. Some of the characteristics are:
· Garage placement on the front of the home for cost effectiveness.
· Shallower pitched roofs that often extend from a higher level down over the lower level.
· Simple, clean lines that are cost effective to build but attractive.
· Windows are large and sometimes trapezoidal following the roof pitch in gables.
· Exteriors are a mix of materials, such as wood, brick, rock, siding and stucco.
· Vertical ornamentation is in simple patterns.
Contemporary home designs are still being built across the nation and have been a very popular style both in tract home developments and custom home neighborhoods.