Question or to order
Home >> Community >> House Plans >> Discussions
Search entire site
What's your favorite house plan?
House Plans
What's your favorite house plan?
By: Justin
On: 1/27/2006
I and my wife spend time surfing the site finding plans that interest us.  We like to look at plans and new homes and attend the parade of homes each year.  I must also disclose that I am the guy that writes and maintians the software for this site.  If you have problems it is my fault.  That being said I am interested to know what house plans people like.  Here are a few that we have found that we like:

House Plan: AHP-9360 This has been one of my favorite plans for a long time:
House Plan: DD-2888 Here's another one that I and my wife have liked for a long time:
House Plan: ms3277
I am hoping to post some pictures from the parade of homes that we have been to. I am curious what everyone else's favorite plans are? Justin
Reply to this Post
Re: What's your favorite house plan?
By: jengland
On: 1/30/2006

This a good question - but hard to answer. I like several different style of house plans, so its hard to narrow it down. I'm going to say this one for this week. I see so many being in the housing industry that my opionn changes often. I just thought the exterior of this home is cool. Different than we see in our area anyway.

Ask me again next week, it might be something else.

Reply to this Post

These modern house plans are always cool too. You rarely see these where we are. Maybe because the flat roof is not optimal where a lot of snow fall.

This one is nice too - same designer as the modern house plan above. We get a lot of inquiries about it.

Reply to this Post
By: JSmith

I have spent a good portion of my young life staring at these plans on The Plan Collection. I have to admit that I love what I do! One of the things I do on The Plan Collection is review each plan before they get entered onto The Plan Collection. With that in mind, I have seen a lot of wonderful home plans. Here are a few of he home plans that I have fell in love with over the years. Believe me, this is only a few of the many.

Here they are in no particular order:

GMLD-354

This is one of my favorite Spanish/ California style homes. It just has some amazing elevations and a fancy floor plan.

SPS-3015

This is a beautiful craftsman/shingle take on the great American two-story. You’ll notice similar features on many French/European/Country homes. I have always been in love with this plan from the moment I entered it onto our site. It has a beautiful open floor plan with a great area for the den, living room and foyer. To top it off, the nook in the master suite is just set up perfect!

GMLD-328

This home plan has the most amazing front elevation. The home plan is set up as a practical family home. My favorite feature about this home is the kid's study in the rotunda on the second floor. The two story, raised study is a great feature for a classical office or library. Last of all, you can't beat that amazing media/game room on the second floor. This home is overall the house plan for the "Great American Family".

SPS-2805

As it says in the description of this home, this home plan is made to enjoy! I totally agree with that. You don't see many craftsman styles like this around. Wow! This boasts the most spectacular Art/ Deco look to it. Both the foyer and the dining room are open to above balconies near the upper story bonus room. Wide open spaces inside, a large deck outside, and a spacious three car garage provide the generous space you'll need for entertaining and raising a family.

Reply to this Post
On: 1/31/2006

I'm going to change my mind. This is my favorite house right now because it is the house plan I live in. It is also my favorite because if I built another one, it would cost me more as prices have gone up since we moved in. If you're strapped to make payments on your favorite home... it starts to not be your favorite anymore. Corny answer, but I'm a corny guy.

Reply to this Post
By: Aayla
I love the look of this home on the outside, can you let me know what the plan no. is so I can check out  the layout. We just bought 5 acres and want to keep our builing costs down.. Thanks!
Reply to this Post
By: Aayla

[quote user="Aayla"]I love the look of this home on the outside, can you let me know what the plan no. is so I can check out  the layout. We just bought 5 acres and want to keep our builing costs down.. Thanks![/quote]

Never mind I found the website, what nice plans!!

Reply to this Post
On: 2/24/2006

Thank you!  Please contact us if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Reply to this Post
By: Tippie
On: 7/7/2006
The plan GMLD-354 is really nice.  If anyone knows who the plans belong to maybe I could find out more about it.  Thanks for any help.
Reply to this Post

Tippie,

Which plan are you referring to first? This last one is by a designer in TX. What questions do you have about it... maybe we can help find out some more info for you.

Reply to this Post
I like this plan alot, too. Does anyone know who the plan was drawn by?  Or maybe the design company it is credited to? I would really like to find out more about it.  Thanks.
Reply to this Post
I like this plan alot, too. Does anyone know who the plan was drawn by?  Or maybe the design company it is credited to? I would really like to find out more about it.  Thanks.
Reply to this Post
By: darlene
On: 5/7/2006

Well I'm sure I could find something better if I had an unlimited budget but right now as a move up home I really like DB-9165 Wilks Manor.

Reply to this Post
On: 5/8/2006

Here is a wonderful exterior photo of the "Wilks Manor".  I will keep looking for an interior one, but I don't think I have one.

Thanks,

Reply to this Post
On: 5/8/2006

For some reason this image was to big and I coud not post it.

My email is: jsmith@theplancollection.com

Please email me and I will send you all of the photos I have.

Thanks,

Reply to this Post
By: SPUM
On: 7/13/2006

House Plan #M2995A2FU-0-SPS

The pleasant look from this home at a quick glance is what first caught my eye. And after looking at the floor plan and the craftsman style I dream to own it. I really like the set up of the garage under the main floor plan; it’s still visible from the front but doesn’t take up the whole view of your home. The covered porch offers pleasant evening chats and a chance to be outside but still covered from the sun. All rooms are on the top floor giving a little more privacy but everyone is close to each other. I really like the huge bathroom, as a girl you really do spend a good amount of your time there, it needs to be spacious and a place that I can have room. It’s nice to have a shop in the basement for that little extra room in a garage that everyone seems to need. It is just a very realistic home that would be great for a family to grow up in.

Reply to this Post
On: 7/13/2006
thats a pretty cool house plan. the only thing i don't like - but I'm picky - is that when you get groceries, you have to run up a full flight of stairs a bunch of times to unload. On the other hand, it'd be good exercise.
Reply to this Post
By: lopazopy
On: 8/22/2006
[img]http://www.theplancollection.com/PlanImages/PI/ELEV_MD03053.JPG[/img]

House Plan #PI-03053

I love the contemporary style of this home.  I'm tired of looking at cookie cutter, one level ranch homes in my area.  JSmith, if you have any pictures of this house or can give me some info on the designer, I'd appreciate it.  If I'm not around, you can reach me by email at lopazopy@gmail.com.  Thanks.

PS: I love the idea of having a house plan website with a forum.  The opportunity to ask for pictures and opinions for your favorite plans is awesome.  Keep up the good work.
Reply to this Post
On: 8/23/2006

that is a cool plan. I'm tired of the cookie cutter stuff too.. it gets old an lacks interesting architecture that a lot of older neighborhoods offer. Jsmith is out with the flu today. I'll see if I can find any photos, if not... maybe Jsmith will have some better luck when he's back.

Thanks for the feedback on the forum. Stay tuned as we have some other ideas we'll be implementing on our website soon. For now, we'll keep trying to stay on top of all the questions and such here.

Reply to this Post
On: 8/24/2006

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate feedback on our features and resources offered on The Plan Collection. I emailed you a .pdf file of the rear of this home. I will see what other info I can get you on this plan.

Thanks,

Reply to this Post
Follow Us Across the Web
Join the Discussion!
Have a question? Want to comment?
ASK YOUR QUESTION
MOST ACTIVE DISCUSSIONS
UNANSWERED DISCUSSIONS
© 2014 The Plan Collection, LLC